Monday, December 20, 2010

PODCAST: Terrifying hillbillies

Not to toot any of our own horns, but the podcast seems to be getting better and better. A lot of that has to do with our consistently good guests more than anything else, but I think it helps that Jay and I are getting more relaxed with each other. See, we actually didn't know each other at all when we started the podcast and really only talk when we record. I had been a fan of the Film Junk podcast before we started the show and I was really used to the relationship being, Jay talking, me listening and chuckling to myself. I've been trying to be myself a bit more and actually say something from time to time and it seems to be slowly working. Anyway, the joy from this episode comes not from me, but from hearing the insane stories that filmmaker Julien Nitzberg had on location when filming The Wild and Wonderful White of West Virginia. Jay was out of town when I completed this episode, so I did a little write-up and posted a link to download the pod on the site with the help of Jay's Film Junk co-host Sean Dwyer. Check out the original post and download the podcast here.

Joshua Ligairi » 12.20.10 »

After a short hiatus, The Documentary Blog Podcast is back home for the holidays. In this episode, hosts Jay Cheel and Joshua Ligairi are joined by Julien Nitzberg, fearless director of The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia. Executive Produced by Jeff Tremaine and Johnny Knoxville, Nitzberg’s film lives up to the Jackasses’ shocking reputations. Recent projects and documentary recommendations are briefly discussed before barreling head-on into into hilarious and cringe-inducing tales from the making of Nitberg’s film. As Ligairi describes them, The White Family is like “a nightmare version of the Dukes of Hazzard” and their story is sure to make you thankful for your own family–perfect timing for the holiday season! Have a listen to the show below and be sure to subscribe to the show on iTunes (and rate us while you’re at it). Happy Holidays from The Documentary Blog Podcast!


Show notes, credits, links and more at TheDocumentaryBlog.com