Friday, May 25, 2012

PODCAST: Silent Horror


I'm very happy to announce that I've been asked to guest host on a new horror movie podcast run by my friend Jason Pyles from the "Considering the Sequels" podcast. "Horror Metropolis" is a new bi-weekly horror movie podcast featuring in-depth reviews of two horror films with at least one theme in common. It's hosted by Jason (Jay of the Dead) and features an all-star assembly of horror podcast co-hosts from the gargantuan Horror Palace network including the legendary Bill Chete, Dr. Shock (Dave from DVDInfatuation.com), and Terror Tovey. Happy to join their ranks and discuss something even more alienating to audiences than documentaries: Silent horror films. And one of them is a documentary! All right! Actually, I'm in my zone here and I had a great time discussing one of my all time favorite films, Nosferatu. Plus, I was given an awesomely cheesy horror podcasting name: "Wolfman Josh."  Stoked! Hope you enjoy it. And if you like it, also check out my previous foray into horror podcasting when Jason and I discussed all three versions of The Thing on his "Considering the Sequels" podcast.


Jay of the Dead » 5.25.12 »


Wolfman Josh Ligairi, a documentary filmmaker, joins us to talk about vampires and witches from the creepy era of Silent Horror.

The first hour of Episode 003 is dedicated to an in-depth discussion of “Nosferatu” (1922), the vampire film that defined the onscreen portrayal of the legendary blood-sucker. And during the remaining 47 minutes, we review a bizarre Swedish documentary about witchcraft called “Häxan” (1922).
Download the MP3
Subscribe on iTunes
Subscribe to our RSS Feed


Original post, show notes, credits, links and more at HorrorMetropolis.com.