Sunday, May 15, 2011

BLOG: Support Bramble!

Joshua Ligairi » 5.15.11 »

Not Curt Bramble. Screw that guy.

Remember that awesome band Bramble I posted about awhile back? They are amazing street musicians from Salt Lake City who I first experienced playing on Park City Main Street during Sundance (see video below). I immediately bought the band's CD, had them on my iPod throughout the festival, and, by the end of the week, had asked them to be in my first fictional film, Rain City, assaying the roles of street musicians.

Now, (and for the next 18 days) Bramble has a Kickstarter campaign to raise money for the recording their first full-length album. I know times are tough-- I'm completely strapped as I put all of my money into my upcoming film--but every dollar helps and if you like what you see in the video below, I'm confident you'll enjoy the fruits of an honest-to-goodness studio session with these guys. Their infectious honesty and enthusiasm permeates their music and soaks into you the more time you spend with it.



If you love this even a quarter as much as I do, you should consider sending a dollar or 2 or 25 their way via their Kickstarter campaign--which features a really nice video plea from the band as well.