Thursday, March 4, 2010

BLOG: Avatar-ized avatars

Joshua Ligairi » 03.04.10 »

You are probably familiar with the image of Dwight Schrute from The Office photo-shopped to look like a Navi. At least, I was. Actor Rainn Wilson had it posted as his Twitter "avatar" (get it?) for quite a while.


Blue, beets, Battlestar Gallactica.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty great (I'm a sucker for this movie geek stuff) and so was excited when I stumbled across the Flickr Photostream of Navi Dwight's creator, Avatizer. This guy has created a bunch of these Avatar-ized images, presumably for celebrities to use as their online avatars. Kevin Smith has already joined Rainn Wilson in posting his Avatar-ized avatar on Twitter.

I assume it is only a matter of time before there is an online application that will make me into a Navi so I can have a geeky thumbnail too (the crazy thing is, I didn't even really like the movie!), but until then, check out Avitizer's Flickr Photostream to see a whole lot more. I've posted my favorites below.



My absolute favorite is Pee Wee Herman. Love the detail of only four fingers.



If only Avatar had had the writing and performances of Inglourious Basterds.




My favorite characters from Lost are even cooler blue.




The Navi get religion.



My interest in a Navi Audrey Hepburn is second only to a blue Grace Kelly.



They wouldn't have so much trouble flying that Buckbeak if they'd just plug in their braids.



The King of Pop is even more 80s when he's electric blue.


Tobias from Arrested Development finally lives his dream.



Navi Kevin Smith, too fat to fly a dragon.



Once again, check out the originals and a lot more at Avitizer's Flickr Photostream.